Day 1: February 24th. 9am to 4pm
Hosted at Malcolm X College
As a prelude to The L.E.G.A.C.Y. Awards Gala, The L.E.G.A.C.Y. Power Conference will take place at Malcolm X College, located at 1900 W. Jackson Blvd, Chicago, IL, on Thursday, February 24, 2022 from 9 AM to 4 PM. Expected to attract more than 350 Black Owned Businesses, The L.E.G.A.C.Y. Power Conference will provide informational support to Black Business Owners in the areas of Leadership, Education, Growth, Advocacy, Community, and the Young Entrepreneur.
Attendees will enjoy our Black Owned Business Vendor Showcase, powerful networking opportunities, Corporate Match-Making, complimentary breakfast and lunch, conference materials, power packed panel discussions, and workshop-style break out sessions.
- POWER Panels – featuring past LEGACY Honorees
- Business Workshops and Panels
- Corporate Matchmaking Room
- Access to Capital Room
- Business Resources and Vendors
- Marketing and Media, Telling Your Story
- Thriving in the Cannabis Industry and Beyond
- Secure the Bag: Financing from Pop-up to Buy the Block
- Young Entrepreneurship: Pathways to Success and Overcoming Roadblocks
- Community and Business, Working Together to Make an Impact
- Black Economics, Leveraging Our POWER
- Scale and Growing….The Journey to 7 Figures
- Operations…Creating A Process and Building a Team to Scale
Day 2: February 25th. 10am to 2pm (Virtual)
"How to Stop the Grind and Avoid Entrepreneur Burnout”
As an added bonus, we are adding a second-day virtual component that will be focused on personal development. As entrepreneurs, we are far too often so heavily invested in our businesses that we fail to nurture ourselves and our personal well-being. This second-day bonus is focused on developing YOU! From health tips to self-care, goal setting and wealth management, we invite you to join us for a day focused on personal growth. The stronger you are personally, the stronger your business will be.